Search This Blog

Sunday 7 April 2013

Arugula, Avocado & Papaya salad

Its great how everything just falls in place without any thought.  Since I came back from my 2 and a bit week long vacation, I experienced grocery shopping amnesia.  I had trouble gathering ingredients together to make proper meals.  I forgot the ability to meal plan for the week.  So for the first week, I went to my local grocer every single day! One day I needed broccoli, the day after, I needed red pepper.  It was quite an experience.  Getting back to my day job was an easier task than making meals! So the fact I was able to magically come up with this dish ....was.....magically.

The papaya I had brought on sale was ready to be cut open, my avocado I had brought a week ago had ripen.  So as I was cutting the huge papaya to pieces, I thought..... why don't I include the avocado and other ingredients together to make a salad? (I had originally wanted to eat the papaya with a sprinkle of lime. try it. It's refreshing.)  And presto!!


I also had a box of arugula in the fridge so I thought, why not! So I assembled this salad together and boy was I right.  If you have arugula on its own, its quite pungent in taste, but if you had eat it with other ingredients, it changes to a sweet & aromatic flavour.  Try having arugula and avocado together, it makes a GRRRREAT combo.  Go ahead and make your own! Change up the ingredients to suit your own flavour!

Arugula, Avocado & Papaya Salad

Ingredients:
1 avocado
small handful of diced papaya
1 lime
salt & pepper
2 tbsp diced red onion

Directions:
1.  Place diced papaya and avocado in a bowl and squeeze out the juice of 1 lime.  Salt & Pepper. Toss
2.  Add diced red onion and toss again
3.  Prepare a plate bedded with arugula leaves.  Spoon the salad over top.  Be sure to enjoy avocado with arugula!  Papaya with arugula is great too but it does not have the same flavour impact experience. :)













No comments:

Post a Comment